Current Exhibit- O’Canada
Tipple Park Museum is celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday . Come see photos of all our Prime Ministers and read all about their lives in our newest exhibit. Find unique and quirky information about Canadian inventions, currency, icons and products that can only be found in Canada, eh?
The Timeline of Evansburg and Entwistle, starting with the arrival of Mr. Evans, to the checkered past of the inhabitants of Evansburg, to the farming communities we have today. (Click on the picture to see more pictures.)
The building was built in 1931 as a meeting place for the Brownie, Girl Guide, Cub and Boy Scout groups of Evansburg. The structure was used for a number of other purposes, such as a club house for minor ball leagues, a health clinic, and shortly after WWII, as a school house. In 1966, after suffering from lack of maintenance, the building was renovated to serve as a museum, and then in 1994, it was moved to the current site in Tipple Park. (Click the image for more pictures.)
Constructed in 1973, the building was erected by the Pembina Historical Society to house numerous artifacts donated to the museum. It provides a storage and display area for an array of farming and mining tools, as well as such familiar household items as our every day, turn-of-the-century washing machine. (Click the image for more pictures.)
Mazeppa Log House
Originally located on Reno Road, south west of Evansburg, the house was completed on May 25, 1911. The house was home to more than 12 children and numerous adults during its use as a residence. The House is constructed of pine logs and utilizes steel pegs to hold the framing and roof together. It was donated to the historical society in 1986, and then moved to the current museum site in June, 1994. (Click the image for more pictures.)
Built in 1941 by Mr. Adam Maguire, a local carpenter, this building was the third school house in the area to be built. The first succumbed to fire in 1916, and the second a log structure built in 1926, was abandoned due to disrepair. Holly Springs School represents an era when each education institution was located about 4-6 miles apart, so that the trek to school wasn’t as bad as in previous years. In 1956 the school was closed and students were taken by bus to Evansburg. It was then used as a community centre, and was later acquired by the Pembina Lobstick Historical Society and moved to the present site in 1994. (Click the image for more pictures.)